7 tips for showing love to your neighbor
Meditate on 1 Corinthians 13 and let God fill you with His love so you can share the love with others.
“ And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.”
1. Volunteer your time to help the needy, visit the homeless, the fatherless, the orphan, elderly, and the widow. Adopt a single parent family, look around you. There are plenty.
2. Encourage your loved ones, tell them you know they can do it. Do someone a favor. Run an errand for them.
3. Share your talent, skills, knowledge with one person today. Fix something for someone, teach them how to do it themselves. Make something for someone, bake a cake, cut the neighbor’s grass, make your talent work for someone else. Use your voice to edify others.
4. Pray for others. Give your heart in prayer and intercession for others. Stand in the gap for them. Do not stop praying until you see a change.
5. Give your money, material possessions, give something to someone that they need.
6. Make someone feel special by paying very close attention to them, listen to them attentively, stay focused, share their pain and worries and encourage them to stay strong. Share the words of kindness they need. Make them laugh.
7. Give someone who needs it a smile and a hug. This is simple and does not cost you a thing. Just be joyful and share it with others.
Make these things habitual.